Selecting a TV for your own home is a responsible task. Indeed, most often we purchase such a device not for a year or two, but for several years. TV manufacturers are constantly improving existing models with new design and functionality. Therefore, it is becoming increasingly difficult for customers to navigate in the modern variety of devices.
How to choose the right TV for home
Based on expert recommendations and user reviews, we determine which technical parameters of the device can be considered the most optimal. After reviewing the information presented, you will learn which of the innovations really have practical value, and which are marketing tricks that are useless in everyday life.
If you are in a hurry and there is no time to read the article in full, here are some tips in a very compact form:
- Do not buy a TV with a resolution of less than 1080p. That is, the standard 720p boldly go around;
- Do not buy a TV with a refresh rate of less than 120Hz;
- Consider buying a 4K TV if you do not want to buy a new one in the next five years;
- The quality of QLED and OLED TVs is much better than LED / LCD. True, they suffer from a big drawback – the price of these devices is far from budgetary;
- The greater the color gamut, the better, but do not focus on it;
- Multiple HDMI ports are desirable. 4K TV buyers should ask about HDCP compatibility;
- Curved TVs are a fashion trend, no more. They do not improve image quality due to their curvature;
If you want a good sound in addition to a large screen, you will have to fork out for a sound bar as well, because of the rather thin body of modern TVs, a good speaker simply cannot be placed there. But, this item refers more to “gourmets” than to ordinary users.
And now, if still interested, let’s talk in more detail. (more…)